D27951: Allow users to change dropAction to MoveAction through kdeglobals

Tranter Madi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 14 01:51:26 GMT 2020

trmdi added a comment.

  In D27951#627283 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27951#627283>, @ngraham wrote:

  > My interpretation of the use case is that a user who chooses dndToMove prefers Move over Copy and Link, but not necessarily Extract or Set as Wallpaper, since those are context-specific options that exist because they are potentially more useful than move, copy, or link.
  >
  > > If he wants to see the menu, he could hold the Shift modifier key.
  >
  > If he doesn't know that there are other options, then he has no way of knowing that he should hold down the shift key to see them.

  What if he is familiar with Windows behavior, or he likes the move action most? In that case the menu still is an annoyance to them.
  When he chose that, it's likely he likes that the most, and he dislikes/ doesn't care about others.
  I think the current implementation is balanced.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO