D28033: Create ExpandableListItem

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 13 17:35:47 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D28033#627184 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28033#627184>, @cblack wrote:

  > In D28033#627180 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28033#627180>, @davidre wrote:
  >
  > > I would love if we could find a way to show that the item is expandable
  >

  > I would probably use a pointing down arrow without a stem when collapsed, and pointing up when open.

  Makes sense to me. Where would the arrow go though?

  In D28033#627186 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28033#627186>, @niccolove wrote:

  > Strongly agree on having a single component. By the way, all these lists have the issue that the button only appearing on hover is very touch-unfriendly. This does not have to be addressed in this patch, but it having it implemented in only one place makes it much easier to fix.

  Yeah, I could have the highlight remain in place if Qt detects that the click was actually a touch, and then the button would appear when the list item it touched.

  However the expanded view itself is not very touch-friendly since the individual list items are really too short to be easily touchable.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)