D27544: Fix update scenarios with no explicit downloadlink selected

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 12 11:53:26 GMT 2020

leinir added a comment.

  In D27544#622575 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27544#622575>, @alexde wrote:

  > In D27544#622272 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27544#622272>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > (...) there has to be a way to (...) label everything properly etc.
  >

  > In D27544#622501 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27544#622501>, @leinir wrote:
  >
  > > We are at least two people not too happy with that situation... The label we're using for that now is technically a free-text field. (...) However, each downloaditem does have a tags section, and while that would need some thought put into it, i think we could do something clever with that. A bit outside the scope of this patch, of course, but something to spent some braining time on :)
  >

  > Sounds similar to bug #415483.

  Vaguely, but they're more orthogonal than anything - the problem here is a lack of well named downloads, which is a generic issue, where the issue described in that bug is content-type-specific.

  It is also not exactly what this diff is about and i'd like to avoid this going off on a tangent, especially given the issue this patch addresses is causing updates to just not work...

  With that in mind - ping? Been a few weeks now, and i'll have to update the patch because we've had a frameworks release in the meantime...

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff