D27953: Properly read string lists from desktop files when parsing the files

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 11 22:09:21 GMT 2020

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  This sounds wrong. The XDG-mandated entries use XDG separators, but the KDE entries don't (for instance, grepping my installed desktop files I can see those: X-Plasma-RequiredExtensions, X-Plasma-DropMimeTypes, X-KDE-FormFactors, X-KIPI-PluginCategories, X-KDE-ParentComponents in kdepim, they all use a comma separator).

  Yes it's a mess. KDE1 had ';', the XDG standard picked that up, then KDE2 switched to ',' and now we have a mix. The way we handle this mess is that, in KConfig and in KService, the default is ',' and we specifically use readXdgListEntry for XDG entries.

  I think this means the correct fix here is to specifically hardcode X-Flatpak-RenamedFrom instead of testing the property type.

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService