D27951: Allow users to change dropAction to MoveAction through kdeglobals

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 10 16:46:46 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  Nice, drag-and-drop now correctly shows the menu for the case of dragging an icon from Kickoff or the task manager. However dragging a URL still doesn't show the menu; it just downloads the entire page. We need the drop menu in this case because it's probably more common to want to create a link to the page than it is to download the entire thing.

  If introspecting the mimetype of every URL is too costly, could we maybe short-circuit the logic if the URL scheme is HTTP or HTTPS?

  Also I notice that the cursor still shows a plus sign icon when dragging a local file, even though it will be moved, not copied.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO