D27464: Add application menu dbus paths to org_kde_plasma_window interface

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 10 16:21:39 GMT 2020

zzag added a comment.

  In D27464#625403 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27464#625403>, @broulik wrote:

  > Didn't we have a dedicated protocol for window menu in plasma-integration? Or is this just for reading? We surely don't want all apps to use plasma surface interface for announcing the global menu?

  Okay, let's step back. We have a proprietary protocol that is used to announce application menus. The problem is that only kwin knows that a particular window has that particular application menu. We need a way to share this information with a global menu applet.

  > We surely don't want all apps to use plasma surface interface for announcing the global menu?

  Could you please explain why we need to announce global menus?

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland