D27614: build: fix the build where install prefix is not user-writable

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 6 22:10:27 GMT 2020

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> CMakeLists.txt:17
> +    add_custom_target(breeze-generate-24px-versions-dark ALL
> +        COMMAND ${BASH_EXE} ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/generate-24px-versions.sh ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/generated/
>          WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}

Any reason for this generated/ subdir?

It breaks symlinks, which only do "../../" because they don't expect to have to go out of one-more-subdir (and they don't after installation).

See https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks/view/Platform%20-%20SUSEQt5.12/job/breeze-icons/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.12/267/testReport/projectroot/autotests/symlink/

Note that symlinktest only checks the source dir (which is another bug), so it doesn't fail locally if you use a builddir completely outside the srcdir. But on CI it seems to be a subdir, so the recursive search in the source dir finds them.
I'm guessing symlinktest should also check the builddir (".") to make such test failures easier to reproduce no matter what the local setup.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons