Deprecate KRandomSequence ?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jun 29 21:27:44 BST 2020

QRandomGenerator is very similar in which you can give it a seed and get randomness out of it.

Things that QRandomGenerator doesn't have:
 * getBool(); -> should be easy enough to port to bounded(2) == 1
 * randomize(QList) -> We could add namespace function in KRandom
 * modulate() -> Couldn't find any user, so no worries if we drop it

Benefits of deprecation:
 * Less manintaince

Problems of deprecation:
 * Moving from KRadomSequence(FIXED_SEED) to QRandomGenerator(FIXED_SEED) will probably generate a different sequence, so if you need to 100% generate the same sequence for all your app versions (e.g. for a game or something) moving may not be "possible"

Ideas? Comments?

Cheers,
  Albert