D29814: Fix segfault on no restart args

Jiří Paleček noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 6 22:38:46 BST 2020

jpalecek added a comment.

  In D29814#674730 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29814#674730>, @dfaure wrote:

  > This question is still without an answer: "Can you explain how to trigger this crash in the first place? Which application triggers it?"

  That's because I don't know in which binary I have seen it. The patch itself is more than 6 months old and I don't remember what I was doing then. Not that I would care that much, IMHO the code should be resilient enough not to crash when someone does weird things with `QApplication`. After all, if apps had no bugs, there wouldn't be need for kcrash in the first place.

  The comment on one line says that `tst_QX11Info::startupId does QApplication app(argc, nullptr)` and this would certainly trigger it (should the following execution crash). That comment convinced me this usage is at least sort-of valid and so I wrote the patch.

REPOSITORY
  R285 KCrash