D7563: Add privilegeExecution field to file protocol description

Alexander Saoutkin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 6 16:34:54 BST 2020

feverfew added a comment.

  In D7563#674682 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7563#674682>, @sitter wrote:

  > This really cannot land right now IMHO. Dolphin can actually deadlock itself because it uses way too much nested event looping and will be entirely unresponsive to mouse inputs when certain timers happen to trigger. A trivial way to reproduce this is to try and duplicate a file in file:/

  Interesting... Yes if so that's a serious blocker.

  > Also making folders is actually not even implemented as the relevant mkdirjob seems to lack privilege enablement. That's not strictly speaking blocking but renders the actual UX broken.

  I can confirm that I noticed this too. I also noticed that sometimes the dialog wouldn't show at all because the slave kept state that said that permission was denied (and hence it believed showing the dialog was redundant) when in fact my permission was never asked. Although this only happened for `mkdir` for me IIRC. So the slave might be mishandling state. At the same time, I'm not sure if the slave is in a position to handle such state (they're short-lived?).

  Creating new files I believe also asks permission twice (one for file.part and the other for file.txt), that comes across as bad UX for me.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO