D29397: KPreviewJob : Support for DeviceRatioPixel

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 2 16:10:50 BST 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D29397#674365 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29397#674365>, @kossebau wrote:

  > To not have that block this improvement, you could in parallel for now use a "kde" namespaced directories, say "*@kde2x/", where we/you could just use the for-now-KF-only theme extension. And once there is an agreed specification extension, the code could be switched to just any non-namespace shared hidpi folder matching whatever the specification ended up to be.

  Well I don't think it is needed, since those @2x are not used by anyone as far as I can tell.
  I'd rather move on here without the spec finalized and then update the implementation once it is finalized.
  I don't expect it to be much different from the current implementation, and I hope this implementation serve the specification process since we will have an implementation to debate on.
  And this will save two commits that serves no purpose IMO, we are not Web Browsers after all, we are not breaking anyones business.

  Alternatively I'd rather wait for the spec to be finalized.
  Just to avoid the friction.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO