Frameworks support for Qt 5.12

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jul 19 12:51:24 BST 2020

On mercredi 15 juillet 2020 18:06:40 CEST Nicolas Fella wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I received a question on how long KF5 will continue to support Qt 5.12.
>
> Given that 5.12 is an LTS release according to our policy it would be
> supported "until the next Qt release after the next Qt release", which
> would be 5.16, which will never exist.
>
> Our policy states "With Qt6 this changes a little bit again. To avoid
> supporting 5.12 LTS and 5.15 LTS for ever, 5.15 LTS will be the minimum
> required version 18 months after its release.". This however does not
> answer what will happen with 5.12.
>
> If I remember correctly our intention when formalizing this was to
> extrapolate the hypothetical releases and apply the existing rules to
> it. This would mean that by the time Qt 5.16 would be released (6 months
> after Qt 5.15) KF5 would drop support for Qt 5.12 and require 5.13.
>
> Is my interpretation of this correct? If so the wiki page should be
> updated with this information.

Yes. Done:

* Qt 5.13 will be the minimum required version 6 months after Qt 5.15, i.e. on
* Qt 5.14 will be the minimum required version 12 months after Qt 5.15, i.e.
on 26 May 2021
* Qt 5.15 LTS will be the minimum required version 18 months after its
release, i.e. on 26 Nov 2021

https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Frameworks_Qt_requirements

Working on KDE Frameworks 5