ThumbSequenceCreator in KIO not working properly

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jul 4 18:57:13 BST 2020

On samedi 4 juillet 2020 12:57:04 CEST David Lerch wrote:
> I have not been able to find out if DelegateAnimationHandler is even being
> used during thumbnail generation.

It seems to be used by KFileItemDelegate (and nothing else) :
https://lxr.kde.org/ident?_i=DelegateAnimationHandler&_remember=1

KFileItemDelegate itself is use by KDirOperator
https://lxr.kde.org/ident?_i=KFileItemDelegate

Dolphin unfortunately has its own model/view stuff (e.g. for the animations
where icons move around).

I suggest testing with the file dialog (which uses KDirOperator)
and asking the Dolphin people on kfm-devel about how Dolphin could be changed
to use DelegateAnimationHandler, possibly?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5