D26960: RFC: [KWindowShadows] Check for X connection

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 28 11:55:27 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Heh, I'm going to quote a conversation with you:

  ----

  David Edmundson, [17.01.20 10:07]
  would you say it's always wrong to have a QWindow outlive a QApplication?

  Kai Uwe, [17.01.20 10:08]
  I would say yes, why?

  David Edmundson, [17.01.20 10:08]
  wondering if I need to comment on some code that would crash if that happened

  Kai Uwe, [17.01.20 10:13]
  when qapp is gone the qpt and stuff will be torn down and then it will naturally crash if a window outlives it, no?

  Then you went and proved that windows are torn down.

  --------

  If we have a tile alive it means either a KWindowShadow object is alive or the QStyle is still alive, and both should be destroyed before the QPA.
  Do you have the full bt of the crash?

REPOSITORY
  R278 KWindowSystem