Introducing SPDX License Headers

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Mon Jan 27 17:57:54 GMT 2020

On Montag, 27. Januar 2020 01:35:07 CET Vlad Zahorodnii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/26/20 7:59 PM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> > Does this approach sound reasonable? If anybody wants to review my
> > conversion tool and the license-header-to-SPDX-translations, I am happy
> > for feedback!
> +1
>
> It appears like the SPDX markers are not used in the source code of your
> licensedigger tool ;-). It would be great to have an option or something
> that could be used to replace all instances of "Copyright (C)" with
> "SPDX-FileCopyrightText:" for consistency sake.

Thanks for the hint! I actually saved the conversion fun for the moment "when
the tool finally works" and totally forgot about it ;) Now the tool also uses
SPDX markers. But because of all the differently licensed test files, the reuse
lint tool will not become happy.
Moreover, I updated the pull request to also convert the existing copyright
statements.

Cheers,
Andreas