D26122: Add utility text function KShell::tildeCollapse

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 13 10:38:10 GMT 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D26122#581717 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26122#581717>, @apol wrote:

  > I might be missing something, explaining why it's necessary would be useful for the commit log as well as for lost reviewers like me.

  To reiterate.
  The use case is to avoid redundant code doing this over and over just like KShell::tildeExpand does :

  plasma-desktop/kcms/kfontinst/lib/Misc.cpp:391
  plasma-desktop/kcms/baloo/filteredfoldermodel.cpp:50
  plasma-workspace/runners/baloo/baloosearchrunner.cpp:176
  plasma-workspace/libnotificationmanager/job_p.cpp:120
  solid/src/solid/devices/backends/fstab/fstabdevice.cpp:61

  I thought the header documentation and commit comment would be sufficient to explain the intent and the usefullness.
  After all it is just the opposite of tildeExpand.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D26122