D26605: Remove fallback to KPassivePopup

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 12 16:11:11 GMT 2020

nicolasfella created this revision.
nicolasfella added reviewers: Frameworks, broulik.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
nicolasfella requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  KNotifications has proper support for all major platforms (freedesktop, windows, macOS, Android). The KPassivePopup fallback is only relevant for Linux when no FDO notification daemon is running. D26604 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26604> addresses the corner case of a crashing notification daemon. IMO the case of the user having no notification daemon at all is not worth supporting since the users intention is verly clearly to not have notifications.

  This allows to drop a good amount of code. It reduces the dependency on Widgets so we can eventually get rid of it which is nice for Android. Furthermore the reduced complexity will make it easier to implement our plans for KF6

TEST PLAN
  Still get regular notifications

  Depends on D26604 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26604>

REPOSITORY