D27601: KConfig: Convert to SPDX license statements

Andreas Cord-Landwehr noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 25 18:00:42 GMT 2020

cordlandwehr marked 3 inline comments as done.
cordlandwehr added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cgiboudeaux wrote in kcfg.xsd:20
> What makes you think it's BSD?

Actually, I though quite a time about this and at the end did a comparison of the permissions specifically provided by this statement: use, copy and modify (yet there is no explicit statement of sublicensing and combining with other works). That -- in my understanding -- is the legal equivalent to the BSD-2 clause. However, the statement is quite different than the usual BSD 2 Clauses. but I am not aware of any license that is phrased in exactly this statement.

What is your opinion? Otherwise, I would also be fine with omitting it from the change for now and I could contact the authors if they agree and then do this change atomically later.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig