D27097: Port from QRegExp to QRegularExpression

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 25 17:31:06 GMT 2020

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  Looking at the incremental stuff some more, there are no public methods that mention incremental; the only way is to set the KFind::FindIncremental flag; the only method I could find is in the private API (find_p.h) startNewIncrementalSearch(). So technically it's all hidden behind the d-pointer, there's nothing to deprecate about incremental search, except remove the flag/enum FindIncremental... (does that mean we can remove the incremental code now, or wait till the KF6 branching?).

  FWIW, I checked lxr again and KFind::FindIncremental exists only in kmplayer and khtml, and in both cases it's in commented out code.

REPOSITORY
  R310 KTextWidgets