D27540: Status indicator for individual widgets in KCModule

David Redondo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 21 12:16:25 GMT 2020

davidre added a comment.

  In D27540#615092 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27540#615092>, @ervin wrote:

  > In D27540#615061 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27540#615061>, @davidre wrote:
  >
  > > How does it look? Will this be opt in for other users of KConfigDialogManager?
  >

  > I'd say you should try it. ;-)
  >  I really need wider feedback on how it behaves in different context. Currently the patch makes it mandatory for everyone.

  I use KConfigDialogManager to manage the settings in Spectacle MainWindow which are instant apply by
  `connect(mConfigManager, &KConfigDialogManager::widgetModified, mConfigManager, &KConfigDialogManager::updateSettings);` and I don't like it that they appear there too
  F8117881: grafik.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8117881>

  > a setting which is currently dirty or which differs from default value.

  What is your idea behind this? After first seeing this patch my intuition was that it would show for unsaved changes. But then I was confused when I open a SettingsDialog that there were already marks even though I changed nothing! I would expect them only for unsaved changes, I don't know how other platforms handle this if they have something similiar?

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets