D21795: [KAuth] Add support for action details in Polkit1 backend.

Alexander Saoutkin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 20 23:42:40 GMT 2020

feverfew added a comment.

  Ok I've commandeered this on request, as we're so close to getting this done. I've simply addressed sitter's comments here seeming as they're simple enough to do so without understanding the code that well. I haven't actually tested this in any capacity, as again, I'm not too familiar with this code and what it's trying to accomplish. If someone could point me in the correct direction I'll test as well.

  Also the way Phab has parsed this diff looks odd to me. It claims there's been a copy between two of  the files but looking locally this hasn't happened AFAICT (and I definitely didn't intend so). I also did a `git diff` before `arc diff` and I didn't notice anything odd there. Could someone do a sanity check for me in that regard?

INLINE COMMENTS

> sitter wrote in AuthBackend.h:61
> I wonder if we should change that. Right now every backend gets a QBA copy even when they don't need to modify it. So it sounds to me like it should be const& and the mac backend should make a copy on its stack. Not that it matters a great deal though, so if you disagree that's fine too.

Looking at the code your intuition was correct, i.e. none of the QBAs were modified, so I've switched to const &

> sitter wrote in DBusHelperProxy.cpp:102
> We need to be backwards compatible here. As far as I can tell this is where we call the actual helper binary. The helper binary may have been built with an older version of kauth, so it doesn't necessarily understand the new API.
>
> You could call org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable to figure out which method arguments it supports, or possibly the simpler approach is to could with new arguments and if that results in org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs try again with old arguments before giving up.

Done as requested. Note three's a blocking call in the slot, but I'm assuming (for simplicity's sake) that's ok. LMK if otherwise.

REPOSITORY
  R283 KAuth