D27328: Drop qmake pri file generation & installation, currently broken

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 12 15:25:32 GMT 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  In D27328#610115 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27328#610115>, @jgrulich wrote:

  > Looking at some other frameworks, they basically have same code to generate pri files, are they all broken?
  >
  > For example: https://cgit.kde.org/bluez-qt.git/tree/src/CMakeLists.txt#n195

  They are only broken if they miss a library they have in their public interface, for all of which there should be a qmake module mentioned in the `DEPS` argument (unless transitively covered, like `core` being already brought in by `gui`).

  Bluez-qt looks fine by a quick look at what is `PUBLIC` argument in the `target_link_libraries(KF5BluezQt)` call, Seems it does all cals via D-Bus and not have any libbluez in its publc interface.

  Yet there surely are more case of broken `ecm_generate_pri_file` calls. Seems many people just copy-paste-replaced the call, not checking the result :) While looking at this patch here, I e.g. came by prison having an even more broken call, in thei case though can be fixed, as again only other libraries are in the public interface for which there also is a qmake module pri file.

REPOSITORY
  R282 NetworkManagerQt