D27272: Add status icons: data-error, data-warning, data-information

David Redondo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 10 08:44:08 GMT 2020

davidre added a comment.

  In D27272#608602 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27272#608602>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I think the emblem icons look great in your "After" screenshot.
  >
  > Wouldn't it be easier to have KDevelop use these emblem icons from their current names rather than symlinking the icons you want to use to new files with different names? Semantically it seems wrong; status icons are monochrome and use the action icon style. See https://hig.kde.org/style/icons/action_status.html.

  The reason for this patch is the same concern. Using the emblem icons here is also semantically wrong[1]. While it gives good results with Breeze and other themes like Oxygen or Adwaita don't have them and we can use the fallback of `dialog-*` we don't know if it's true for every third party theme.
  [1] https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html

  > Emblems	Icons for tags and properties of files, that are displayed in the file manager. This context contains emblems for such things as “read-only” or “photos”.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons