D27122: Tweaked contrast effect values, adjusted transparency accordingly, switched from Background to ViewBackground

Niccolò Venerandi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 9 15:08:39 GMT 2020

niccolove added a comment.

  In D27122#608324 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27122#608324>, @ndavis wrote:

  > Still uses ViewBackground on panels. For panel popups, you wanted to use a header area like the systray mockups, right? If so, the dialog SVG could use ViewBackground and you should mark this patch as dependent on the toparea patch.

  Using Background for panels would break the visual integration with dialogs, so I would avoid doing that.

  Regarding panel popups / dialogs; I'm already working on the toparea patch - https://phabricator.kde.org/D27189 - but I was thinking, the problem with using Background is the controls on top of it e.g. kickoff search. Since the transparency makes the background color not as gray, the only problem is when things are opaque (I remember we talked about this in the VDG chat). Now, *there is* a version of Breeze opaque in the breeze/opaque/ directory which is used when compositing is disabled. For that one, I did leave ColorScheme-Background, so the problem is not there when the actual opaque version is used. I think that people who want things to be 100% opaque will install a theme rather than manually editing the svg, so they would not have that problem as well. That isn't to say that I won't work on the top area, just that I would not make the this patch dependent on it.

  I also tried to tweak the intensity value to make the normal ColorScheme-Background fine, but I did not have any success. It seems like it's not a color which manages to work in this usecase, while ColorScheme-ViewBackground is okay.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)