D27263: RFC: Accent colour for KColorScheme

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 9 08:40:40 GMT 2020

ndavis added a comment.

  I know this isn't the final version, but I'm not a fan of this idea. It feels like we'd just piling new stuff on top without properly using the old stuff that is already usable. I think if we're not careful, it'll just make color customization more confusing and difficult to work with by causing unexpected behavior where the old and new systems collide and one overrides the other.

  Do we really need to create a color setting for accent that is separate from QPalette::Highlight/Selection Background? If you really want accent colors, I'd say deprecate FocusColor and HoverColor. As a fallback, have focus and hover state colors be based on QPalette::Highlight/Selection Background and set QPalette::Highlight directly instead of defining a separate accent color.

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets