License Statement Clarification in KArchive

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Wed Feb 5 17:43:10 GMT 2020

Hi David,

during the SPDX license marker introduction into KArchive we found the
following two files in KArchive with ambiguous license statements, which mix
LGPL and GPL terms:

https://cgit.kde.org/karchive.git/tree/src/krcc.cpp
https://cgit.kde.org/karchive.git/tree/src/krcc.h

For both files you are listed as the only copyright holder and I reviewed that
all other changes seem to be below the border of copyright holding.
Can you clarify the meaning of the license and/or comment in the follow
https://phabricator.kde.org/D27104 ?

My suggested reading of this license is:

SPDX-License-Identifier: LGPL-2.0-only OR LGPL-3.0-only OR LicenseRef-KDE-
Accepted-LGPL

Best regards,
Andreas