Dropping the moderation by default flag

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Aug 11 00:02:47 BST 2020

El dimecres, 22 de juliol de 2020, a les 17:47:26 CEST, Volker Krause va escriure:
> On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 21:16:00 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi, this list has an unusual setting [for kde mailing lists] inherited from
> > kde-core-devel that is that even subscribed people get moderated, and then
> > the list moderator can decide to clear the moderate flag for each person
> > one by one.
> >
> > I'm proposing to change that because:
> >  * it's non consistent with the rest of kde mailing lists
> >  * as moderator of this list i don't think i've seen ever any spam coming
> > from a subscribed member.
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> +1. That setup on core-devel was already around in the early 2000s, so
> probably a response to some events from 20 years ago, I doubt we still need
> that today.

So i was going to do it, but I've just realized that I can't, I only have the moderator password, not the owner password.

Please owner[s], can you disable this?

I *think* it's the "By default, should new list member postings be moderated?" in "Privacy options..." -> "Sender filters".

Cheers,
  Albert