D29170: Detect executables without +x permission in $PATH to improve error message

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 26 00:18:15 BST 2020

dfaure updated this revision to Diff 81213.
dfaure added a comment.

  Resolve relative executables using the directory of the .desktop file referring to them

  Not useful for /usr/share/applications stuff, but useful for custom setups
  where a custom desktop file refers to a local executable.

  Re-reading the thread https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2011-April/011883.html
  I'm wondering if this is the right thing to do though.

  After all, on the command line "foo" doesn't start a local executable called foo,
  only ./foo does that. I was always working under that assumption for Exec= as well
  (the fact that the current dir isn't part of the search path). Undecided.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29170?vs=81209&id=81213

BRANCH
  2020_04_findExecutable

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/applicationlauncherjobtest.cpp
  src/core/desktopexecparser.cpp
  src/gui/kprocessrunner.cpp