changing icon sizes no longer emits signal

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Apr 25 15:54:43 BST 2020

Am Samstag, 25. April 2020, 15:10:37 CEST schrieb Martin Koller:
> Hi,
>
> in liquidshell I'm using
>
>   connect(KIconLoader::global(), &KIconLoader::iconLoaderSettingsChanged,
> this, &StartMenu::adjustIconSize);
>
> to be informed whenever the icon sizes get changed in systemsettings.
> I don't know since when but at least in version
>
> Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20200419
> KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.4
> KDE Frameworks Version: 5.69.0
> Qt Version: 5.14.1
>
> I no longer receive this signal.

I can confirm that changing icon sizes in Plasma Systemsettings and clicking
apply seems to have no effect also for all other places which would adapt to
those values, like KXmlGui-driven toolbars (which also by a quick check seems
to connect to that signal). The changed sizes are only picked up by newly
started instances of programs.
I am also on openSUSE TW with same versions. Also not sure when I saw this
working the last time.

Given the API dox of KIconLoader does not note that signal is deprecated, I
would assume this signal is still to be used (and main.cpp of the icon kcm
seems to call KIconLoader::emitChange(...), which should trigger the signal
via D-Bus in all client side, from a peek view at code path.

Please file a bug, to Plasma Systemsettings I would do. Or debug if you can,
some developer karma waiting to be picked up for who does :)

Cheers
Friedrich