D29153: Move handling of untrusted programs to ApplicationLauncherJob.

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 25 10:31:35 BST 2020

broulik added a comment.

  The question is how that will work in conjunction with `KNotificationJobUiDelegate`? In principle we could also make it emit a `KNotification` with buttons

INLINE COMMENTS

> untrustedprogramhandlerinterface.h:79
> +     */
> +    bool makeServiceFileExecutable(const QString &fileName, QString &errorString);
> +

I was wondering if this should be done async? Nested event loops are quite a problem when QML is involved.

> applicationlauncherjob.cpp:117
> +        // but that gets rid of the command line arguments.
> +        QString program = QFileInfo(d->m_service->exec()).canonicalFilePath();
> +        if (program.isEmpty()) { // e.g. due to command line arguments

You know I'm not a fan of jobs suddenly blocking on IO :)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO