D28701: Add KPackage support to KNewStuffCore

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 24 15:40:15 BST 2020

leinir added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in kpackagejob.cpp:55
> is it worth encapsulating it in a runnable? the installation of a package is already in a separathe thread.

Annoyingly, the caller waits for that thread to complete, so the KPackage internals work synchronously, and block the UI thread... (which is how we ended up doing this)

> mart wrote in kpackagejob.cpp:97
> this would freeze a thread waiting another thread is done, while just using the job in an async wayshouldn't be much more heavy on the gui thread?

The Runner doesn't inherently have an event loop, so without this, the job just sort of... sits there and does nothing (doesn't block, but also doesn't do anything)

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff