D28968: [KRichTextEdit] Make sure headings don't mess with undo stack

Igor Poboiko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 19 11:23:57 BST 2020

poboiko added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in krichtextedit.cpp:572
> Where is the corresponding beginEditBlock()?

`joinPreviousEditBlock` in a way acts as `beginEditBlock` (see https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtextcursor.html#joinPreviousEditBlock).

The intent here was following: if user pressed `Return`, a new line (empty `QTextBlock`) is inserted somewhere inside `QTextEdit::keyPressEvent`. I want to also change the cursor style, and I want this action to be treated together with this `QTextBlock` insertion as a single action in undo stack. That's what `joinPreviousEditBlock / endEditBlock` combo does (semantically, this "previous edit block" is `QTextBlock` insertion inside `QTextEdit::keyPressEvent`)

REPOSITORY
  R310 KTextWidgets