D28880: [KWallet] Port last usage of QRegExp to QRegularExpression

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 18 22:37:18 BST 2020

dfaure added a comment.

  In D28880#651209 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28880#651209>, @ahmadsamir wrote:

  > There are only two places in KDE code where readEntryList() is used, falkon and kwalletmanager; in both cases readEntryList() was used with "*" which means "read all entries", which is logical since in both cases the list is used to fill a "password manager" of some kind.

  Does this mean that the most useful API would be entryList() which would return all entries.

  > I am thinking of having 3 new methods (right now there is read{Entry, Map, Password}List, very intuitively replace "read" with "get") that take a third parameter:
  >  enum KWallet::MatchType {KWallet::PlainText, KWallet::Regex}
  >
  > this way in regex mode, the QString &key parameter is used to construct a QRegularExpression, abstracting the type of the regex class (nitpicking really, since given QRegExp has been around for what 10/15 years? QRegularExpression may live even longer with sturdy PCRE support o/...).

  Well actually the regexp syntax changed (a bit) so better be explicit.

  > New method names solve some hurdles (e.g. overloading a function that takes only one QString param, and it actually invoked by a dbus call).

  Yes.

  > In the meantime: https://marc.info/?t=146788789300003&r=1&w=2 , can't say I understood all the issues there but it's definitely a grim read :)

  Yes the idea of using QtKeychain as the application API came up again more recently, see T12219 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T12219>
  This would make a lot of sense (abstracting the actual backend).
  Still, unless someone makes the bigger effort of "finishing KSecretService" it makes sense to fix the KWallet backend...

REPOSITORY
  R311 KWallet