D28701: Add KPackage support to KNewStuffCore

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 17 18:46:24 BST 2020

leinir added a comment.

  In D28701#650616 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28701#650616>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Thanks, the hang is gone now. However I have a new problem:
  >
  > 1. Open Global Themes KCM and click new new global themes
  > 2. Install Sweet KDE and McMojave LAF global themes
  > 3. Close the GHNS dialog
  > 4. Open the dialog again
  > 5. Uninstall the McMojave LAF theme
  > 6. Close the dialog
  >
  >   Both McMojave LAF and also Sweet KDE have disappeared from the KCM. Sweet KDE still shows up as installed in the GHNS dialog and Discover, but does not appear in the KCM.
  >
  >   The same thing happens for plasma themes too. It seems that deleting one item from the GHNS dialog marks all of the installed GHNS items of that type as deleted.

  i can confirm this, and looking at it a bit with some debug output i have a suspicion that i might be holding some part of kpackage's api incorrectly... Perhaps someone with a longer experience with KPackage than me can tell me whether that is the case perhaps?

    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Install:  "Sweet KDE"  from  "/tmp/AfOprO-Sweet.tar.xz"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: installdir:  "/tmp"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Using KPackage for installation
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Package metadata is valid
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Service type discovered as "Plasma/Theme"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: About to attempt to install "Sweet" into "/home/leinir/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Attempting to perform an installation operation of type 2 on the package "/tmp/AfOprO-Sweet.tar.xz" of type "Plasma/Theme" in the package root "/home/leinir/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Service type understood
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Installer successfully created and has a valid structure
    kf5.kpackage: Generated  "/home/leinir/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme//kpluginindex.json"  ( 2  plugins)
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Created job, now let's wait for it to do its thing...
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Install job finished with no error and we now have files "/home/leinir/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/Sweet"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Write registry
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: about to uninstall entry  "1294174"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Attempting to perform an installation operation of type 3 on the package "/home/leinir/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/Sweet" of type "Plasma/Theme" in the package root "/home/leinir/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Service type understood
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Installer successfully created and has a valid structure
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Created job, now let's wait for it to do its thing...
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Write registry
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: about to uninstall entry  "1305006"
    org.kde.knewstuff.core: Write registry

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff