D28701: Add KPackage support to KNewStuffCore

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 15 16:11:12 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  This has fixed the issues I was seeing with installation and uninstallation, nice! However I'm not seeing a very long hang when installing certain global themes--for example Sweet KDE and Layan Look and Feel Theme. It does ultimately work, but the dialog freezes for multiple minutes before finally becoming interactive again.

INLINE COMMENTS

> installation.cpp:105
> +    // installed in knewstuff no longer will be, but since it never worked right anyway... we'll
> +    // simply have to live with that.
> +    if (postInstallationCommand.startsWith(QLatin1String("kpackagetool5 -t")) &&

Oof.

Is there really no way around this? I mean, it did more or less work before the new QtQuick dialog was rolled out.

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff