D28470: [PlasmaCore.IconItem] Refactor source handling for different types

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 14 19:39:27 BST 2020

kmaterka marked an inline comment as done.
kmaterka added a comment.

  In D28470#647757 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28470#647757>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Note there's a unit test for IconItem worth running if you haven't already.

  I've checked that already, these test were really useful!

  > The refactor in general makes sense - it's a lot cleaner.
  >  Though I'm not sure what our super long term KF6 plan for IconItem is, it'll definitely be changing quite a bit.

  If there is no harm now, then it should be easier to change it in the future :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in iconitem.cpp:40
> does it have to be a QObject? it doesn't have properties, signals or invokables.. qobject is an expensive class so if you don't have to use oits features is better to avoid

There is one use of `connect` in `SvgSource` but I can change the implementation.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)