D28770: Avoid blocking the UI thread

Martin Tobias Holmedahl Sandsmark noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 13 13:45:21 BST 2020

sandsmark added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in currency.cpp:57
> Can probably just use `QNetworkConfigurationManager::isOnline()`?

IIRC that's less reliable (e. g. if you don't use networkmanager or connman). the whole bearer thing is a bit messy, I guess that's why it's going away. but this is also not very good, it just checks for IPs while it should at the very least wait for a route to a gateway (I spent way to much time on this problem at work...).

tldr: we could probably just remove the whole thing, that's why I added the retry-timer.

> broulik wrote in currency.cpp:154
> Whenever you do networking in KDE, ensure it follows redirects:
> `setRedirectPolicy(QNetworkRequest::NoLessSafeRedirectPolicy)` I guess

I don't think that makes sense, but sure.

> ngraham wrote in currency.cpp:884
> why?

Because:
F8233868: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8233868>