D28770: Avoid blocking the UI thread

Martin Tobias Holmedahl Sandsmark noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 13 13:31:33 BST 2020

sandsmark added a comment.

  In D28770#646989 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28770#646989>, @broulik wrote:

  > I don't fully understand the need for a thread here.
  >  It merely blocks because the API is synchronous and thus we create a nested eventloop.
  >  I don't think the writing and parsing of the cache file is a real bottleneck here.

  I don't use any threading (unless I'm missing something)? I just rewrote it to remove the nested event loop and instead use the normal one, and switched from a mutex to a lockfile (I feel that is more appropriate for this usecase, QSaveFile is more for data integrity and not racing between applications in my head at least).

REPOSITORY
  R292 KUnitConversion