D28770: Avoid blocking the UI thread

Martin Tobias Holmedahl Sandsmark noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 12 11:12:28 BST 2020

sandsmark created this revision.
sandsmark added reviewers: ngraham, Frameworks, broulik.
sandsmark added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
sandsmark requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Not entirely sure about this approach (and the stuff to get the test working), but I use kunitconversion in mangonel and the blocking behavior annoyed me a lot.

  A simpler approach would be to just try to check and download the cache immediately, but still force wait in the foreground, but the code (at least behavior) gets a lot more complex, especially with threading.

TEST PLAN
  The tests pass, it gets the currencies fairly quickly but doesn't block the UI thread.

REPOSITORY
  R292 KUnitConversion

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/CMakeLists.txt