D28679: [KPropertiesDialog] Disable changing dir icon on samba shares

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 8 15:20:24 BST 2020

sitter added a comment.

  Hm. So, this is a bit complicated I've noticed.

  Let's consider the following cases:

  - `desktop:` is not a local file but can set and read dir icons without penalty
  - `camera:` is not a local file AND `Class=:local` BUT (I think?) cannot set dir icons as it is `writing=false` (in practice the slave seems to list dirs with `rwx` though, so I'm not sure, may be a slave bug)
  - `smb:` is not a local file AND not local class nor do we want to have icons for it

  With that in mind I believe Kai's approach would be more correct here as otherwise the desktop: case doesn't work. Perhaps it'd make also sense to check `!KProtocolInfo::supportsWriting`. The way I see it if a slave implementation doesn't support writing... then it doesn't support writing. The directory being writable or not wouldn't change the lack of write support in the slave.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO