Tips for testing and debugging KWindowSystem

Victor Dodon dodonvictor at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:37:02 BST 2020

Hi all,

Can someone give me tips on how to test KWindowSystem while developing? I
have a dual 4K monitor setup and I have found a bug that seems to reside in
KWindowSystem. I would like to try to fix it and then submit a patch, but I
would like to know what's the best way to test and especially to debug this
component. Especially, is it safe to install alongside system packages (I'm
running Arch linux)? How can I debug it (gdb, qDebug())?

Kind regards,
Victor Dodon.