D27848: Remove the panel tooltip icon

David Redondo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 17:36:57 BST 2020

davidre added a comment.

  In D27848#643045 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27848#643045>, @ngraham wrote:

  > See the parent task.
  >
  > This component doesn't only darw system tray tooltips but rather tooltips for all panel widgets. The idea was that we don't want icons in *any* of these tooltips, because they're either redundant or inconsistent with the icon that you're hovering the mouse over. For this patch, I guess I should have marked the `icon` parameter as deprecated. I can do that in a follow-up patch.
  >
  > I didn't remove the display of a custom image because I figured that in this case, the designer was specifically trying to set something different. But maybe that should be deprecated too. Open to opinions.
  >
  > On another note, it would have been nice if these concerns had been brought up during the month when the patch was open for review.

  Wouldn't then be the solution to remove icons to wherever the panel widgets set them? And why would a designer only explicitely set images but not icons? Also this component does not only draw panel tooltips but also other tooltips, for example on the widget edit handle things.
  Sorry for not noticing earlier

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)