D28590: Add a QString Solid::Device::label, used in Fstab Device for network mounts

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 5 14:09:01 BST 2020

bruns added a comment.

  I think it would be better to not change behaviour for any backend, but just default label() to description() everywhere.

  Then in the next step, adjust description() and label() for each backend, shorten label where possible, and extend description() so it becomes more informative.

INLINE COMMENTS

> fstabdevice.cpp:146
> +    if (m_storageAccess->isAccessible()) {
> +        return m_storageAccess->filePath();
> +    } else {

filePath in most cases does not depend on isAccessible ... it would be annoying if the label changed everytime the device is mounted.

> udisksdevice.cpp:234
>  {
>      const QString hintName = property("HintName").toString(); // non-cached
>      if (!hintName.isEmpty()) {

This would be the correct value only for label() now, no longer for the description (which should be more verbose).

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid