D28532: Introduce more user-visible error reporting for installations

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 3 10:17:14 BST 2020

leinir created this revision.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
leinir requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Prior to this, we did have error reporting, but only in the way of
  writing errors out on the command line (through qCCritical). While
  this is fine for debugging purposes, it is unfortunate when errors
  can be expected to occur in day to day use (as we are dealing with
  a wide range of things that can (and often do) go wrong), and giving
  proper feedback to the user as to why, for example, their new icons
  aren't showing up when they seem to have installed just fine would
  seem a reasonable thing to do.

  - Add a signal to Installation fired when there's a critical error
  - Forward the installer errors through KNSCore::Engine
  - Add the MessageBoxSheet component from kaccounts-integration
  - Add a component for displaying errors from the engine
  - Use the ErrorDisplayer component (only show on the current page)

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

BRANCH
  more-installation-error-handling (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/core/engine.cpp
  src/core/installation.cpp
  src/core/installation.h
  src/qtquick/qml/EntryDetails.qml
  src/qtquick/qml/Page.qml
  src/qtquick/qml/private/EntryCommentsPage.qml
  src/qtquick/qml/private/ErrorDisplayer.qml
  src/qtquick/qml/private/MessageBoxSheet.qml