Problems in KWayland causes by API and ABI compatibility promises

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 00:55:40 BST 2020

Kevin, thanks for your input.

I think there's a general feeling towards forking the server completely.

But we need to decide something concrete, and this ML is dying down. I
propose we have a voice/video chat with the objective of agreeing on a
concrete plan both short term and for KF6 and then just going ahead
and making the changes.

Given Doodle's take forever and everyone's probably quarantined
anyway, I propose we do it just after the Monday Plasma meeting. If
someone is eager to share an opinion and can't make that, message here
and we'll choose something more formally.

David