D21425: [UDev Backend] Filter for ID_MEDIA_PLAYER already when querying

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 27 10:53:33 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Frameworks, davidedmundson, bruns.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This avoids us creating wrapper objects for UDev devices we end up not being interested in.

  According to `match_property` [1] which filters the properties added by `sd_device_enumerator_add_match_property` which `udev_enumerate_add_match_property` ends up calling, a `value` of `NULL` can be used to check for mere existance of a property.

  [1] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/libsystemd/sd-device/device-enumerator.c#L400

TEST PLAN
  Depends on D21379 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21379>

  I recall having done a patch like this before and ran into trouble but my phone shows up just fine both on startup and when plugging it in later. I think the check for `1` vs `"1"` being the culprit here, so just check for property existance which filters out most of the useless devices already.

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

AFFECTED FILES
  src/solid/devices/backends/udev/udevmanager.cpp