D21388: KCompressionDevice: Remove bIgnoreData

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 25 02:39:45 BST 2019

aacid created this revision.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
aacid requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  bIgnoreData was used in ::seek to say, we don't really care much
  about the next readData call because we know it's coming from this read
  call we're wrapping in bIgnoreData and we will just going to throw
  away the data (see dummy variable).

  The problem is that it is not guaranteed that the readData call that the
  read() originates will be over dummy, in some cases it can be over the internal
  qiodevice ring buffer

    https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/io/qiodevice.cpp?h=5.12#n1129

  so if we don't properly store the data we end up with wrong data in the ring buffer and bad things will happen

REPOSITORY
  R243 KArchive

BRANCH
  master