D21379: [UDev Backend] Narrow subsystems queried for cameras

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 24 10:16:58 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Frameworks, davidedmundson, bruns.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  It currently scans all UDev devices, including processors, for that property.
  This limits the number of subsystems queried.

TEST PLAN
  I only found traces of "usb" and "tty" in gphoto code, not sure what other subsystems a camera could be. Definitely not cpu and processors, though.

  Previously hotplugengine took 46ms to initialize on plasmashell startup here, now it's down to 6ms.
  My phone still shows up as Camera when connected via PTP rather than MTP

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

AFFECTED FILES
  src/solid/devices/backends/shared/udevqtclient.cpp
  src/solid/devices/backends/shared/udevqtclient.h
  src/solid/devices/backends/udev/udevmanager.cpp