D15814: show all borders for pop up windows in a dock

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 4 18:31:22 BST 2019

kossebau requested changes to this revision.
kossebau added a comment.

  Actually popups from Plasma panels itself, at least with non-full-width-non-hide ones, now & then could use some more borders as well.
  E.g. when popup is shown next to screen edge with non-full-width panel, where only parts of popup are touching the panels, other parts the void:
  F6808062: Screenshot_20190504_184342.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6808062>
  Or when popups width is bigger than the non-full-width panel from which they are triggered (see also "full-screen" app window challenged the same time):
   F6808075: Screenshot_20190504_190227.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6808075>

  Also does Plasma assume panels have simple straight edges which one or the other theme might not comply with ;)
  F6808084: Screenshot_20190504_190744.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6808084>

  And I fully agree that some visual indicator to the origin of a popup, like the triangle, might improve experience a lot. IMHO a must for future Plasma styles :)
  Not only because the position of a popup can not always be aligned with the origin item due to place constraints.

  So, IMHO it would be great to have UI/UX designers go to their drawing boards and define some look & feel rules based on this. Which work for Plasma panel ideas and Latte dock ideas.
  Actually, also for "normal" programs while on it, as normal popup dialogs or content-shifting inline dialogs annoy me a lot :)

  (while on it, flagging this as Change Requested officially, given the !mask does not work as we all found)

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)