D18649: [GridViewKCM] improve contrast and legibility for delegates' inline hover buttons

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 2 16:57:58 BST 2019

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> leinir wrote in GridDelegate.qml:147
> Just came across having both a function called on clicking the thumbnail (using the onClicked handler) and on actions being triggered, and both now get triggered at the same time. Was this a deliberate choice? I can of course work around it by not using the onClicked handler and just putting a click handler into the thumbnail delegate, but it seems like this is the sort of thing the GridDelegate is supposed to avoid :) (for my purposes: clicking the thumbnail opens a page with detailed information about the item represented by the thumbnail, and clicking the action causes things to be done to the item without opening that page).

This was a deliberate choice, to make sure that the delegate got selected when one of its buttons got clicked. But yeah selected may not necessarily require clicked, so maybe it wasn't the best way of doing it. If you can think of a better way to ensure that, then by all means, please don't hesitate to send a patch!

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative